Lake Anne Village Center
North Shore Drive at Village Road
Extending the LAVC 8.5 Mile run by adding a loop around Lake Anne
~ 12 Mile Trail Run (with ~10 mile option)
It’s about 0.8 miles from start to dirt trail
View: Start Location /
- Exit the Village Center at the east exit and turn right onto North Shore Drive.
- Follow North Shore Drive to Weihle Ave, (~0.4 miles). It’s way safer to take the pedestrian overpass. Be very careful if you don’t take the pedestrian bridge.
- Continue on North Shore Drive to the end at Uplands Pool (~0.4 miles)
- Right in front of pool building and right on the path downhill.
- At the bottom of the hill, turn left onto the dirt trail.
- After the foot bridge, at the 3-way fork, go straight. (~0.5miles)
- Right at fork (~50 yards)
- Right on dirt road (~1 mile). Pay attention to trail entrance behind you so you’ll find it coming back.
- Straight returning onto trial when road veers right (~ ¼ mile)
- Trail merges with the CCT just south of the lighted soccer fields in Lake Fairfax Park. (~ ½ mile).
- Stay on CCT until Carpers Farm Way, across Rte. 7 from Colvin Run Mill. (Water will be available there on most days)
- This is a little less than 5 miles and the turn-around point for the 10-mile option.
- For 12-miles, cross Rte. 7, turn right and follow the trail until reaching Leigh Mill Rd. Turn around there.
- Retrace course watching for the following:
- After the lighted soccer fields, keep right at the fork, where there is a sign about the Fairfax Park trails.
- There is a fork shortly after the above fork, keep right.
- When you return to the dirt road (see step 8 above), pay attention to the left turn onto the trail