Sunset Hills Park & Ride Trail Run
Trail Run: ~10 Miles with option for more
View: Start Location
- Exit parking lot on Weihle side, cross Weihle onto W&OD for about 200 yards
- Turn left on Michael Faraday Ct. At end (about 100 yards) enter the trail entry straight ahead. It will quickly come out to a parking area and proceed straight ahead on the far side.
- Most of the trail has no options for turns. The following is an attempt to identify the areas where there is an option:
- After crossing a small stream, there is a T. Turn right up the hill
- There is one cross-trail and a sign. Go straight on.
- After a steep downhill on a wide path, you come out into Lake Fairfax Pk,, Turn right and then immediately left.
- Cross Hunter Mill Rd.
- Cross Carpers Farm Way. If you want extra miles, you can turn left, cross over Route 7 and turn right to get on the Difficult Run trail. Go out-and-back as far as you wish for extra miles.
- Cross Browns Mill Rd (water will be available here). Then cross the stream on rocks.
- Straight on paved path for about ½ mile keeping an eye for the CCT dirt trail on the right. Turn onto CCT.
- At a folk: keep right crossing a stream on a short bridge.
- At a folk: keep right crossing the stream on cement pillars.
- About ½ mile after crossing the stream, be looking for CCT signs to turn left.
- Come out to a field and at the far end, cross bridge and turn left at T
- Turn right at T onto the dirt trail paralleling the W&OD.
- Follow W&OD back to the start – keeping on the unpaved parallel trail.