Hunters Woods Village Center
NE Corner of Colts Neck Rd. and Glade Dr.
~10 Mile Trail Run with Option for a Further Run
Measured: 9.8 miles
View: Start Location
The section of the path along the stream between the 3rd and 4th time the dirt path crosses the paved Turquoise Trail is very muddy. These directions recommend crossing over the stream on the bridge; running on the pavement for less than ½ mile; then crossing the next bridge back over the stream and returning onto the dirt path.
- Start by running toward the back right of the village center (away from Colts Neck Rd.), keeping to the right of the Community Center and turning right at the end of the town houses (not taking the path down the hill)
- Run about 100 yds along the parking lot crossing over the road at the end, down the path, and right to the tunnel under Glade Dr.
- At the far end of the tunnel, turn left on the dirt path just after the paved path on the left.
- Stay straight on the path. It goes up then down a hill and merges with a stream bed. After about ½ mile, don’t cross on a broken up bridge – stay straight even though it’s not much of a path.
- Cross Triple Crown onto wider path, which is still dirt.
- Stay on the dirt path, crossing over the paved Turquoise Trial twice.
- At the third cross-over of the paved trail, recommend turning right, crossing over the stream to the south side, turn left on the paved trail for about ½ mile. Turn left crossing the bridge back to the north side of the stream. Turn right returning to the dirt path.
- Cross over Soapstone, staying on the dirt trail.
- Keep left at several forks, but don’t take the full 90° left turn onto a path.
- After about ½ mile, the trail comes out onto pavement coming from the left and going straight ahead. Follow it straight for about ¼ mile. Turn right at the T and then immediate left back onto the dirt path.
- When you come to a post-and-rail fence in front of you, turn right onto the paved section of the CCT.
- Cross the bridge and turn left at the far side and continue for about ¼ mile.
- Turn right up the hill to Lawyers Rd.
- Cross over Lawyer Rd. down short hill.
- Quick left then right into CCT system. Follow CCT signs.
- Turn around when you get to Vale Rd, which is the first major cross-road.
Water may be located at Vale Rd, which is about 5 miles from the start. You can turn around there or cross Vale and continue on the CCT for as far as you wish.