Lake Fairfax Park - Extreme
Possibly the hilliest 5 mile course in the RR repertoire of courses
5 Mile Run
Measured: 5.0 Miles
View: Start Location
- Begin in Lake Fairfax parking lot heading toward exit.
- Right on Blaze Dr. just after park exit
- Left on Dasher Ln.
- Left on Hunt Club Road, cross Lake Fairfax Dr.
- Keep to right when road divides and turn right onto Reston Pathway.
- Continue on pathway across Ring Road and up the hill.
- Continue on pathway downhill and across Ring Road into Pool parking lot.
- Continue on pathway at back of pool parking lot and down the hill.
- Straight on path until path ends at Tall Oaks Shopping Center.
- Straight into parking lot then turn left after building to exit parking lot. , Turn left onto North Shore Dr.
- Left on Park Glen Court to pathway at end.
- Right at "T" on pathway.
- Left at onto pathway after the wooden bridge.
- Keep left at a couple of forks in path
- Right on path before reaching North Shore Dr, Follow through tunnel under Beacontree Ln.
- At bottom of hill, keep left through tunnel under North Shore Dr.
- After path turns right at far end of tunnel, keep left at folk to run along stream
- Turn left at first left then immediate right on path behind townhouses.
- Right across bridge and up to Saffold Way then turn right
- Right on path after first set of townhouses; continue back to tunnel.
- Left after tunnel to Uplands Pool, cross Ring Road to path uphill.
- Follow path over hill, across Ring Road, through woods to left on Hunt Club.
- Cross Lake Fairfax to right on Dasher.
- Right on Blaze, left on Lake Fairfax to finish.
Alternate option to our run of the mill LFP 5 mile course from the LFP to the W&OD trail and back.