Reagan National Airport-To-Reston
Departure Zone B
Walking Half Rosie
Measured: ~ 13 Mile
View: Start Location
- See notes below for the starting point outside the airport grounds.
- Head north towards Rosslyn Metro Station about 4.7 miles.
- Take the Metro to Dunn Loring Station riding in comfort for about 8.6 miles.
- Exit the Dunn Loring Metro and head north on Gallows Road for 0.5 miles to the W&OD Trail.
- Follow the W&OD west for about 7.8 miles to Reston.
(For a shorter Rosie, head North on the Mt Vernon Trail to the Rosslyn Metro station taking the Silver Line back to the Wiehle Lot start.)
Drop-off: Get dropped off at Departure zone "B." There are restrooms and water fountains just inside the door. Go down to the gate level and take the moving walkway toward the Metro and parking lots (stop first at Cinnabon if you need a carb/sugar fix). Go left and up thorough the ruins of Abington Plantation. Go out the top and to the right through the car rental area, turning back 160 degrees at the end (on the left) to join the connector to the Mt. Vernon Trail.
Course Distance: If you include walking in and out of airport terminals and metro stations, the total distance could be greater than 14 miles.
Water: Although there are water options and may be RR water on the course, bring your own hydration to be sure.