|Course : Reston South Commuter Lot 6 Mile Walk|
|Location: Reston Parkway at Intersection with Fox Mill Road|
Maps : Street
- Leave the parking lot by walking east (away from Reston Parkway) on the path along the south border of the commuter parking lot, along Lawyers Road.
- Follow path into the woods turning right at first "T" intersection.
- Right at second trail intersection (shortly after crossing wooden bridge), crossing Steeplechase Drive (via the steps or the large under-road culvert).
- Immediately bear left on the asphalt path. Follow the main path. Do not take the left over the bridge and parallel to the road.
- Right at the next trail intersection, crossing to the south (right) side of the stream bed.
- Continue across Soapstone Drive.
- Left at the second path intersection beyond Soapstone. The first path intersection goes over a bridge, the second one doesn't.
- Trail emerges onto Twin Branches Road where it intersects with Glade Drive. Cross Glade Drive and turn left onto path along Glade for about 1/2 mile.
- Right on Timberhead Lane onto the asphalt path.
- Stay on asphalt path. At the fire hydrant & RA post, bear left, staying on the path.
- Continue on main asphalt path. Cross Compass Point Lane & continue downhill.
- At Glade continue right on asphalt path adjacent to Glade.
- Cross Soapstone and cross Glade at the tennis courts to take path into the woods.
- At first intersection turn right onto asphalt path.
- Turn right on asphalt path at playground and continue on path for quite a ways.
- Cross Steeplechase.
- Turn left at next "T" intersection.
- Right at next path intersection.
- Take second path on left back to path bordering commuter parking lot.