|Course : Lake Anne Village Center|
|Location: North Shore Drive at Village Road||Distance: 6.0 miles|
Maps : Street
- Start in the center of Washington Plaza after walking from the parking area.
- Head toward Heron House, the high-rise along the right side of the lake.
- Follow path with lake on left. Cross bridge and immediately turn right on path.
- Bear right at "Y" intersection and continue under North Shore Drive at underpass for about 100 yards into Hickory Cluster.
- After underpass, turn right at second path intersection, near wood post with green marker #14.
- Follow path, bearing right to follow stream on right. At "T" intersection turn right and follow path along other side of stream.
- At marker #15, turn right. You've been here before. This time continue straight past marker #14.
- Continue straight on path, going behind Lake Anne Elementary School.
- Cross bridge #12 and turn right.
- Cross Wainwright Drive to continue on path.
- At marker #9, cross Wainwright Drive for the 2nd time and turn left on path.
- Cross Ascot Way.
- Cross North Shore Drive. Turn right onto sidewalk.
- Turn left at first asphalt path. This heads toward golf course.
- At brick building bear right to begin following cement sidewalk. The sidewalk will make lots of right and left turns. Just continue to follow the sidewalk. After building #11663, sidewalk turns right and then right again. Soon after this, turn left between buildings #11683 and #11685. Head toward playground.
- Continue to stay on sidewalk with townhouses on left and parking area on right. You'll go past 2 parking areas and a playground between them.
- Go left on sidewalk along North Shore Drive. When sidewalk ends turn left onto asphalt path. Pass 2 paths on right.
- At triangle of trees, take asphalt path to right, uphill.
- Continue straight on cement sidewalk. Follow right, then left, between townhouses. Sidewalk turns left, then right, right, and at "Y" go right diagonally toward Golf Course Island Recreation Area.
- At street turn left (don?t cross street to GCI Rec Area sign).
- Left on Wedge Drive (first street to left after GCI Cluster, through detached house area) for about 1/3 mile.
- Left on sidewalk along North Shore Drive for about 150 feet.
- Left on path along Wiehle Avenue for about 1/4 mile across Lake Anne dam.
- Left on first street after crossing dam (Inlet Court) for about 200 feet.
- Continue on path at end of street for about 50 yards downhill.
- Bear right on path near bottom of hill into woods for about 1/4 mile. When path goes uphill toward buildings, turn left downhill and then bear right just before covered bridge. Do not go over bridge.
- Continue through underpass under North Shore Drive.
- Bear Left after underpass on path for about 200 yards.
- Continue through underpass under Baron Cameron Avenue.
- Left on path after underpass.
- Cross bridge #3 and bear right. Baseball field will soon be on your right.
- Go straight at next path intersection. On your right you will pass a small grove of trees. The names on the two stones under the trees are of 2 Restonians who died in the terrorist attacks September 11, 2001.
- Turn right at the street.
- Head left on path after house #1460.
- Cross Greenwich Point Road and continue on path.
- Cross Lake Newport Road and continue on path.
- Continue straight to a parking lot and pick up direction #41 or ..Turn right on path at "Private Property" sign, going away from the lake.
- At North Village Road, turn left. Cross Regatta Lane and Bennington Woods Road.
- Turn left at Baron Cameron Avenue. Path will bear left, away from street.
- At street (Bennington Woods Road again), turn right.
- Cross Baron Cameron Avenue on crosswalk.
- Continue through Lake Anne Village Center parking lot to Start.
Click on the map below to enlarge it