Autumnwood Pool (Revised)
North End of Grey Squirrel Lane off Walnut Branch Rd
11950 Walnut Branch Rd, Reston - About 1/8 East of FC Parkway
12 Mile Run
Measured: 12.0 Miles
- Start: head west on trail, looping behind the pool.
- Right at "T", then take second left up to along the soccer field.
- Right along Lake Newport Drive, cross Reston Parkway and North Village and continue.
- Right on path, follow around to Lake Newport parking lot. Left up the steps, continue along dam.
- Right on path after basketball court, left onto path along Baron Cameron, right through the tunnel.
- Follow path to tunnel under North Shore, continue on path to Lake. Up to Inlet Dr. Right on path along Lake Anne dam.
- Follow path down along Wiehle to left on W&OD. Cross Sunrise Valley Drive and right on path.
- Left on Barton Hill to right on path up to left on Twin Branches.
- Enter Lake Audubon Pool lot and continue on path along the lake.
- Follow path up the stairs and left to continue around lake.
- Up next set of stairs to Owl's Cove Lane, cross Ridge Heights and left on path.
- Go through tunnel under South Lakes Dr. and immediate right on path along dam.
- Run through South Lakes Village Center to right through tunnel to the right of Safeway.
- Continue on Jerry Robinson Shortcut to back along Sunrise Valley Dr.
- Left on W&OD.
- Reverse route all the way back to Autumnwood pool area.
- At split just by tennis courts go right (10 milers go left to finish).
- Continue on path around catchment area. Continue up Walnut Branch to entrance to Autumnwood pool.
- Finish at water.
Notes: Dennis says "If you ran this course 2 1/2 times if would be equivalent to all of the paved roads in South Sudan, a country bigger than France".