|Course : Sunrise Valley Elementary School 18 Mile Trail Run
|Location: Cross School Road at Sunrise Valley Drive||Distance: 10 or 18.0 miles|
- LEFT on W&OD toward Town Center for ? mile
- RIGHT on Michael Faraday Drive, take trail into woods, (follow white-blazed posts with horseshoes carved on them for the entire run), run one mile down hill, ford small stream
- RIGHT uphill following white posts - you're now doing the Thanksgiving Day 5K course in reverse
- Follow the trail up and down hills, alongside a soccer field and across a couple small streams. The trail will open up to an athletic field. Continue down a steep hill past a picnic pavilion
- Bear RIGHT into woods, cross Hunter Mill Road and continue on the trail for another mile to Route 7 [Water may be located here, approximately 4.5-to-5 miles from the start]
- Turn around and retrace course for 9 - 10 mile run. Continue for longer run.
- Cross Route 7 and take the 1st road to the RIGHT
- Follow the road a short distance until it turns into a trail and continues along the left side of Difficult Run
- Cross Difficult Run on the fair-weather crossing, continue through muddy sections
- When you come out to a field and Leigh Mill Road, run along Rd for about 1/4 mile then cross street onto path into woods. (sometimes there's water there).
- Continue on trail alongside Difficult Run another mile or so
- Cross under Old Dominion Drive
- When you reach Difficult Run/Stream Valley Parking lot, turn around and retrace course for an approximately 17-18 mile run.
- For an longer run, cross the Georgetown Pike onto path and keep running. Return whenever.
An alternative 9-to-10 mile trail run, would be to cross Carpers Farm Way at step #5 and complete the 10-mile trail loop (probably closer to 9.6 mi).
Sunrise Valley Elementary School 18 Mile Trail Run-Satellite