|Course : Lake Fairfax Park|
|Location: South End of Lake Fairfax Drive off Baron Cameron Avenue||Distance: 3.0 Miles|
- Facing the Water Mine and Lake, turn left and walk to the end of the paved road.
- At stop sign turn left and proceed to the three-way split in the road.
- Turn left onto gravel road, passing toilets and picnic shelter on right.
- Walk to the end of the gravel road, entering wooded area..
- Turn right going uphill on gravel road. Follow this until it ends.
- Bear right and cross the end of the cricket field, following rutted bike path.
- Going downhill into woods, bear right as trail splits.
- Follow this trail downhill, crossing stream, and proceed uphill.
- Stay on trail along the end of the athletic fields, and follow trail downhill.
- Stay on trail until it splits. Bear right—do not cross stream.
- Follow trail to end, crossing bridge with metal rails.
- Cross service road and cut through campsite, accessing another service road.
- Turn left and follow road, bearing right at junction.
- Follow this road past camp store on right and camp sites on left
- Stay straight past barricade and follow road toward lake.
- Stay on path along lake, crossing dam, and bear right toward starting point.
This course is essentially the same as the cross-country course used (with some year-to-year variations) for the Thanksgiving Day run.
Lake Fairfax Park 3 Mile Walk-Satellite