|Course : Reston South Commuter Lot|
|Location: Reston Parkway at Intersection with Fox Mill Road||Distance: 9.7 Miles|
- Leave the parking lot by running east (away from Reston Parkway) on the path along the south border of the commuter parking lot
- Follow path into the woods turning right at first "T" intersection, then keep left at an immediate trial intersection.
- Right at trail intersection after about ½ mile, shortly after crossing wooden bridge
- Cross Steeplechase Drive (via the steps or the large under-road culverts)
- After about 0.1 miles, cross the wooden bridge and turn right onto the dirt trail. (Dirt path parallels the Glade Trail.)
- Cross over first paved path, keeping straight on dirt path.
- When you come to the next paved path, turn right, cross over the stream, turn left on the paved trail for about 1/4 mile.
- At the next path intersection, turn left crossing the bridge back to the north side of the stream and turn right returning to the dirt path.
- Cross Soapstone Drive onto dirt path
- Keep left at several forks, but don’t take the full 90° left turn.
- After about ½ mile, the trail comes out onto pavement coming from the left and going straight ahead. Follow it straight for about ¼ mile. Turn right at the T (playground will be on your right) and then immediate left back onto the dirt path.
- When you come to a post-and-rail fence in front of you, turn right onto the paved section of the CCT.
- Cross the bridge and turn left and continue for about ¼ mile.
- Turn right up the hill to Lawyers Rd.
- Cross over Lawyer Rd. down short hill.
- Quick left then right into CCT system. Follow CCT signs.
- Follow CCT signs to come out onto Vale Rd, where there will usually be water.
- Cross Vale. CCT goes to the left parallel to Vale for less than ¼ then turns right into woods.
- Follow CCT until you’ve gone about 5 miles.
- Turn-around and re-trace path.
Only about 6 of the 11 miles are on dirt. You must run approximately 2 miles on pavement from this start before reaching dirt.
Reston South Commuter Lot 10 Mile Trail Run-Satellite