|Course : Reston Town Center|
|Location: Fountain Square on Market St. off Reston Parkway (behind Hyatt Hotel)||Distance: 6.0 Miles|
Maps : Street
- Start at Fountain Square, heading along Market Street towards Presidents Street and Reston Parkway.
- Cross Presidents Street and go up the concrete stairs on left side of street.
- Straight on path through small park, bearing left at intersection near bench.
- Cross New Dominion Parkway and continue on sidewalk into the Spectrum shopping center for about 100 yards.
- Right through underpass under Reston Parkway near Barnes & Noble.
- Left at "T" intersection of paths immediately after underpass.
- Cross Bowman Green Drive and continue on path through Summit Apartments.
- Cross Ascot Way to stay on path.
- Right on path along Wainwright Drive.
- Right on sidewalk along North Shore Drive for 2 blocks.
- Cross Temporary Road.
- Go up grassy knoll at corner to park and cross park diagonally past picnic pavilion.
- Walk through the parking area to the asphalt path which continues straight ahead.
- Turn left onto the sidewalk at the first street (Old Reston Avenue).
- Cross street after mailbox #1830 and turn left onto sidewalk for about 100 yards into Sallie Mae.
- Bear right onto gravel path across dam.
- Continue on path as it curves and then to the left through a series of poetry readings.
- Continue left past small island in the pond (more poetry).
- Right across grass slope where gravel path rises up near the W&OD Trail.
- Right onto W&OD Trail. Follow path under Reston Parkway and continue toward Herndon for 1 1/2 miles beyond the Town Center Parkway overpass; turn around, returning on the W&OD. The stop sign at Elden Street is a good turnaround point.
- After crossing over Town Center Parkway turn left onto asphalt path parallel to W&OD Trail.
- Left at short path to cross Bluemont Way onto Discovery Street (between the 2 parking garages), and return to Fountain Square which should be straight ahead through the pavilion area.
(click on the map below to enlarge it)