|Course : Reston South Commuter Lot|
Location: Reston Parkway at Intersection with Fox Mill Road
Options: 10/13/15/20 Mile Runs
|Distance: 10.0 Miles|
- Leave the parking lot by running east (away from Reston Parkway) on the path along the south border of the commuter parking lot.
- Follow path into the woods turning right at first "T" intersection.
- Right at second trail intersection (shortly after crossing wooden bridge), crossing Steeplechase Drive (via the steps or the large under-road culverts).
- Continue east on the trail (Glade Trail) as it crosses to the north (left) side of the stream bed.
- Right at the next trail intersection, crossing to the south (right) side of the stream bed Continue across Soapstone Drive.
- Left at the second trail intersection beyond Soapstone, crossing again to the north side of the stream bed.
- Trail emerges onto Twin Branches Road where it intersects with Glade Drive.
- Follow Twin Branches across the Lake Audubon dam, up the hill to South Lakes Drive.
- Right on South Lakes.
- Right onto the path behind the retirement community (Thoreau Place) to Sunrise Valley Drive at the tennis courts.
- Right on Sunrise Valley to intersection with W&OD Trail [Water station located here].
- Continue on pathway along left side of Sunrise Valley to Hunters Mill Road and proceed left along the path for about 1/4 mile.
- Return back to the water station location.
- If running 10 miles, reverse directions of steps 10 through step 1 and return to the start
- If running 13 miles or 15 miles, proceed using the following directions....
- Turn east (towards Vienna) on the W&OD, crossing Sunrise Valley Dr.
- Proceed 1.5 miles crossing Hunter Mill Rd and continuing to bench area situated just beyond the bridge over Difficult Run.
- If running 13 miles, reverse direction and return back to Sunrise Valley Dr and the water station.
- If running 15 miles, proceed another mile east along the path to Clark's Crossing parking lot and return back to Sunrise Valley Dr and the water station.
- If running 20 miles, proceed another 2.5 miles east crossing RT 123 and Park Street and reversing course at the second power pole beyond the mile 11 marker post on the W&OD path. Note, there are water faucets by the Vienna Train Depot (west of RT 123), and inside the Vienna Community Center and the Whole Food store (east of RT 123).
- At the water station, proceed to the start location reversing the directions of steps 10 through step 1.
Click on the map to enlarge it.